POSITION SQF Practitioner
|Quality Regulatory Compliance|
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS
INSTANTWHIP-CHICAGO, INC., is a growth focused, multi-state food manufacturer/distributor dedicated to ensuring our customers access to a safe quality food supply, while doing so in the most cost effective manner possible. We believe in promoting responsible cost effective food supply and service practices to enhance the overall quality of our customers’ lives and businesses for our country’s future food needs.
Employer is affiliated with Instantwhip Foods, a group of companies comprised of over 400 dedicated, skilled people nationwide who are the key to everyday success, Instantwhip values commitment, ethics, knowledge, and customer focused service that allows us to effectively
deliver comprehensive food and food services while achieving our mission of Superior Quality, Efficient Operations and Exceptional Service.
We offer employees an enjoyable, challenging, collaborative environment. Through encouraging career development, cross-training and the support of continued education. We strive to give our employees the tools to succeed and create a path for professional growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE
Vice President & General Manager
Responsible for executing assigned SQF functions to assure proper response, generation, timely circulation of notices, reporting and continuity of processes. Works to achieve the goals and visions of Instantwhip.
•Ensures the timely generation of SQF materials for assigned areas by working pending SQF reports; making necessary corrections to items and premises; reviewing and creating estimates, generating or cancel/notices as needed.
•Will create activities to discover incidents and resolve quality issues, as needed.
•Prepares new notices as needed for issues that must be addressed.
•Responsible for adjustments needed to assure proper quality including upload of notice files.
•Completes daily To Dos to ensure quality.
•Ensure quality letters print properly and are mailed in a timely manner in accordance with state and federal regulations.
•Research and process all SQF items.
•Identifies and informs appropriate levels of management of quality and food safety issues that affect and drive the organization’s operations.
•Creates and maintains a high quality, professional work environment so all team members are motivated to perform at their best level.
•Effectively communicate and interact with other employees, regulatory officials and the public.
•May act as a back-up for other management personnel.
•Assists with acquisitions and divestments of business units.
•Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required: MS Word, Excel, Outlook
Preferred: Internet Explorer, SQL, PowerPoint
•Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
•Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
•Ability to work within a team environment, as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
•Maintains high level of confidentiality.
•Working knowledge of state and federal regulations with respect to quality procedures.
•Ability to understand and implement a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
•Ability to motivate others in the pursuit of Company goals.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s in Food Science
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
Required: Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Preferred: SQF certifications and state licensing if required.
•Minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably related to food quality.
Moderate to heavy physical demands, including lifting (50 lbs.), walking (2+ miles daily), climbing and mechanical repair.
Handheld/Blackberry, PC and/or laptop, copy/fax/scanner, telephone and other general office equipment. Operates a Company issued motor vehicle if needed.
Typically within the region; up to 5% for training, meetings and project management.
Supervisor’s Title: Vice President
Location: Chicago, IL
Responsible for directing the safe and efficient operations of Instantwhip Chicago. Oversees all areas of operations, manufacturing, distribution, billing, and business development. Provides oversight, guidance, and leadership to the Chicago operations staff.
- Provides direction to the operations staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities to achieve management initiatives and developing those initiatives.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient utilization of resources with an emphasis on safety, cost control, reliability and compliance with regulations.
- Leads operations team to be in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Assists the Vice President in the planning and execution of business development initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Vice President regarding potential acquisitions and divestments.
- Develops, monitors and executes approved capital plan and operating budget.
- Manages the preparation and execution of all price changes, changes in customer portfolio, and any other receivable related activities in coordination with the Chicago office team.
- Oversees the development and execution of private label agreements, including payment of related charges.
- Provides stewardship of legal and or human resource issues.
- Works cooperatively with Customer Service to analyze and ensure follow-up to all customer service issues.
- Develops and inspires a strong commitment to employee safety, recognition and business development.
- Responsible for succession planning and the development of leadership within the Operations staff to ensure the operations area is prepared for future growth.
- Recruits, retains, manages and provides leadership for operations staff.
- Drives revenue by effectively challenging and motivating employees.
- Constant, independent travel daily between prospective customers and customers on Company time.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with community.
- Remains up to date on new and revised regulations that may impact the company.
- Oversees the maintenance of facility, company vehicles, tools and equipment to guarantee they are in good operating condition.
- Develops familiarity with other similar industries.
Required MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer
- Ability to effectively supervise skilled and unskilled employees, including ability to mentor, evaluate and guide staff to increase skill level, morale and efficiency.
- Ability to provide vision and leadership
- Ability to objectively coach employees and managers through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Ability to manage budget effectively; ability to interpret financial results and adjust plans to stay on target and establish those targets.
- Ability to define specific problems, ascertain the cause, offer, and implement variable solutions.
- Ability to implement recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to specify goals and effectively achieve them.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, regulatory agencies and their personnel.
Required: Bachelors Degree or a combination or related experience and education.
Required: Valid driver’s license
Preferred: Evidence of having obtained a CDL, and certification in SQF, FSPCA, PCQI, HAACP, SOP.
Minimum 9 years experience with dairy and/or food manufacturing management with increasing levels of responsibility. Knowledge of all local, state and federal regulations and laws pertaining to the Chicago plant. Experience in strategic planning and execution is strongly preferred.
Frequent, usually local, travel required.
This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
- Ability to keep accurate records and prepare and submit accurate reports.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to provide for safe working conditions for fellow workers.
- Must have ability to effectively communicate with other employees and the public.
- Ability to understand and implement a variety of the plants concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to motivate others in the pursuit of Company goals.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend maps, plans and diagrams.